Monday, May 11, 2009

Sign No. 2 - Not-for-Value Shop

Let's analyse the first sentence, shall we? Hmmm... Seems clear enough to me that if you're looking to shop and save, this is NOT the store to patron. However, the more appropriate preposition to use would be "below" instead of "under".

So, in other words, the cheapest product one can expect to find is definitely above the price of $5.00.

The tone is a tad aggressive but fair enough. I didn't think I saw the "Value Shop" sign anywhere near this picture. Otherwise, it would have proudly declared,"Nothing ABOVE $5.00".

Second sentence. Tsk tsk tsk. What else can I say? It really is two bad they didn't get that wright. Otherwise, it's a grate sign. Short and sweet.

Better luck next time, pals. Or whoever put up this sign. Wait, should I say... TOO bad.

Picture taken from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifindkarma/199878889

No comments:

Post a Comment