Monday, May 11, 2009

Sign No. 4 - Exchange Anyone?

I gather that this particular place is really a shop that sells toys for toddlers. Something much rather like Toys 'R' Us or Kiddy Palace.

But wishing to differentiate itself from its competitors, I think the store attempted to take on a sleek-sounding name. Like... I don't know... American Express or... Armani Exchange.

Sounds pretty similar, doesn't it?

But it's really remarkable that a single punctuation mark that has been (accidentally, I hope) left out gives a whole new meaning to the store name.

I fervently hope that the store's name is really "KIDS' EXCHANGE" and not a place where parents can send their child to alter their child's... er... organs.

Imagine if such a thing could happen. Sending your child for a (God forbid) for a sex change.

I can almost imagine parents seeing this place as an opportunity to have the girl they have always wanted.
Wife 1: (sighing) "That's it. I'm bored of having all boys. Honey, can I change one to a cute, little girl instead? The store's not far from here, you know."

Or use this to keep their naughty kids in check.
Wife 2: (angrily) "Johnny, stop throwing your tantrum right this instant! Or Mummy will send you to that store down the street!"
Johnny: (frightnened) "NO MUMMY! I promise I be a good boy. Johnny don't wanna be a girl."

Picture taken from: http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/funnysigns/pic57.php

No comments:

Post a Comment